We are a full service auction and we hold public auctions the second Friday of every month. We get consignments from the City of Bakersfield, County of Kern, various local dealers and credit unions, just to name a few. We do take consignments from the general public, so please if you have something of value you would like to sell, contact our office and talk to Noe Castillo! We believe in transparency, honesty and integrity. You will not find another auction like us, we treat you like a neighbor, not a number!
Terms & Conditions
1. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older to register to bid and participate in an auction. By registering to bid and using a bidder number, the bidder acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the terms and conditions of the auction and agress to be bound by these terms whether bidding onsite or online.
2. All lots are sold AS-IS, Where Is: No warranties or guarantees expressed or implied.
3. Auction Catalog/Inventory listing is prepared for perspective bidders as a courtesy and should be used solely as a guide. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ascertain all pertinent information regarding each lot prior to bidding. Bidder acknowledges that all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction and that it is the Bidder’s responsibility to have inspected all items prior to bidding. No sale will be canceled, voided or invalidated nor shall WSM Public Auctions or auctioneer be liable as a result of defects or inaccuracies of any lot.
4. The Auction will be conducted by offering all lots, either individually or grouped, at the Auctioneer’s discretion. The bidder with the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser of the lot and no purchaser may retract his bid. Purchaser accepts a lot when a bid is made. All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds.
5. In the event of any dispute arising from any bidding, bidder understands that Auctioneer shall settle any dispute at his sole discretion. Auctioneer may, at his discretion, reopen the bidding on the disputed lot and sell it again. Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid.
6. Bidder agrees to pay a Buyer Fee of 15% which will be applied to bid price. Internet bidders will pay a Buyer Fee of 18% which will be applied to bid price. In addition to the Buyer Fee, Bidder agrees to pay $150.00 Processing Fee on all lots, where applicable and unless otherwise announced.
7. Bidder agrees to be responsible for the payment of the bid price, Buyer Fee and any applicable DMV fees and taxes due.
8. The purchaser shall pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the bid price immediately after the sale. All balances must be paid for by the next business day, close of business at 4:00 PM. Form of Payment: Cash, Cashiers Check, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard and ATM/Debit Cards.
9. WSM Public Auctions will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any purchase. Purchaser cannot remove any items from auction premises until all purchases are paid for. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to remove all purchased items. Assistance may be provided in loading and removal; however, purchaser assumes all risk and responsibility in item removal and loading.
10. All purchased lots must be removed within (48) hours of the close of auction. All lots left on auction premises, passed the allowed time, shall be deemed abandoned and Auctioneer may resell those items. Bidder will also incur Storage Fees at $25.00 per day for every day items are left on auction premises passed the allotted time.
11. Funds must be certified prior to the processing or release of any DMV documents. Documents will be processed to be effective only in the jurisdiction in which the auction is conducted.
12. If for any reason the Auction fails to deliver any awarded item or lot, the Auctioneer’s sole liability shall be to return all monies paid in respect to such lot.
13. Some vehicles may be sold pursuant to Vehicle Code VC24007.5 (A), Paragraph (2) and may only be sold to a licensed motor vehicle dealer and dismantler.
14. Purchase of Commercial Trucks/Diesel Vehicles (Vehicles over 14,400 GVW) and off-road diesel equipment/vehicles may or may not be in compliance with California State laws and may be subject to State of California Air Resource (CARB) in-use-off-road diesel vehicle regulation or accelerated turnover requirements. These vehicles may or may not be operated or registered in the State of California without meeting BACT requirements and being retrofitted. Potential costs of retrofitting such vehicles may cost up to $20,000.00. WSM Public Auctions is not responsible to identify such vehicles and it is the bidder’s responsibility to identify such vehicles. For more information on BACT and Retrofitting vehicles, please visit: www.arb.ca.gov.
15. California law does not provide for a “Cooling Off” or any other cancellation period for vehicles. Once your bid has been accepted and sold to you in auction, your contract cannot later be cancelled simply because you change your mind, decide the cost is too high or you have purchased another vehicle.
16. The Auction Terms & Condition shall be governed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California and any action hereunder against Auctioneer shall be commenced in the State of California.
SPECIAL NOTES/BIDDER INFORMATION
I hereby acknowledge that I am purchasing all lots “AS-IS”. I have inspected and I am accepting all purchased Vehicles, Trucks, SUV’s & Equipment with all necessary head lights, brake lights, turn signals and horn in proper working condition.
Front License Plate Bracket: Purchaser hereby acknowledges that vehicle must be equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a license plate. Purchaser also acknowledges that a bracket, or other means of securing a front plate, may be installed by auction at purchaser’s request or purchaser may refuse installation. California law does require a license plate to be displayed and securely fastened to the front of a motor vehicle. VC 11713.17.
Owner Demands Title “ODT”: All motor vehicles, unless otherwise announced, will be sold ODT or Owner Demands Title. This means that the purchaser will be given title and all necessary documents and will be responsible to complete DMV transfer and registration in his/her name. Most titles are available for pickup or mail within 7-10 business days after the sale. Motor vehicles can be driven off auction premises with a One Trip Permit which are available for sale at the auction at purchaser’s request.
One Trip Permit:Purchaser understands that he/she is taking possession of said motor vehicle without proper registration and that purchaser is responsible for transferring title into purchaser’s name. Purchaser acknowledges that he/she has the option of purchasing a “One Trip Permit” allowing purchaser to move the motor vehicle for one trip off auction premises. Purchaser assumes all risks and liabilities involved with releasing and driving a motor vehicle without proper registration in purchaser’s name.
COMMERCIAL TRUCKS & EQUIPMENT:
Commercial trucks & equipment cannot be driven without the proper equipment. Purchaser hereby acknowledges that he/she is choosing to drive these units knowing that they may or may not have brake lights or mud flaps and further acknowledges that he/she has chosen not to have it hauled or transported. Purchaser assumes all responsibility and liability upon pickup and release of unit.
Please be advised that all Commercial Vehicles, Trucks & Equipment sold to you at the auction may or may not be in compliance with California State laws. By purchasing any Commercial Vehicles, Trucks or Equipment, Purchaser hereby acknowledges the following:
1. Vehicle, Truck or Equipment cannot be registered or operated in the State of California.
2. Vehicle, Truck or Equipment will need to be in compliance with BACT in order to be registered or operated in the State of California.
3. Potential costs of retrofitting Vehicles, Trucks & Equipment to be in compliance with BACT can cost up to $20,000.00. More information regarding BACT and retrofitting Vehicles, Trucks & Equipment can be found online at www.arb.ca.gov.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH AN AUCTION REPRESENTATIVE PRIOR TO BIDDING.
We are a full service auction. We hold a public auction the second Friday of every month.