Travis Xavier Horseshoeing - Serving the California Central Coast from Santa Ynez to the Bay Area.
A professional farrier for 15 years, prior to starting his own business Travis apprenticed with Mike Collins and Arnold Davis and he also gained valuable knowledge and experience with Kim Gillespie of KG Equine, LLC.
Travis serves a variety of disciplines including; Reined Cowhorses, Cutters, Reiners, Polo Ponies, Peruvians, Paso Finos, Rope Horses, Barrel Horses, Ranch Horses, Hunter/Jumpers, Three Day Eventers, Foxtrotters, Saddlebreds, and AQHA Western Performance Horses (Trail, Western Pleasure, etc.).
Travis works regularly with a number of veterinarians in the region. Veterinarians that call on Travis for his expertise and skill include:
• Steinbeck Country Equine Clinic, Salinas
• Dr. Ian Campbell, Santa Lucia Farm, Santa Ynez
• Dr. Colter Negranti, Paso Robles Equine, Paso Robles
• Dr. Sadie Zeil, Star Equine, Atascadero
• Dr. Michael Tobias, Central Coast Veterinary Clinic, San Martin
• Dr. Bill Seals, Tri-County Veterinary Hospital, Gilroy
• Dr. Jodie Chadim, Equine Innovative Medicine, San Jose
Travis’ dedication to his craft and serving his clients has drawn top horse trainers and their clients to his business. Currently he is shoeing and trimming horses for:
• Mark Luis (Cow Horses, Cutters, Reiners and Rope Horses), - NRCHA World’s Greatest Horseman Finalist, and NSHA World’s Richest Horseman Finalist, 10 Winner of Santa Barbara Fiesta’s Irving D. Osburn All-Around Cowboy Award,
• Cynthia Cantleberry , (AQHA Western Performance Horses, Reined Cow Horses and Ranch Horses, Hunters/Jumpers), 14 time AQHA World Champion,
• Lori Crow (AQHA Western Performance Horses), AQHA World Finalist
• Patty Knutson (AQHA Western Performance Horses)
• Jamie Walker (AQHA Western Performance Horses and Reined Cowhorses)
Over the years he has seen many of the horses on his client list achieve great accomplishments on the National Level; Top 10 AQHA World Champion in Amateur Boxing, AQHA Novice Youth Champion Ranch Riding, AQHA Novice Youth Reining Top 10, AQHA Rookie Youth Top 10, AQHA Open World Finalist in Ranch Riding, AQHA Circuit Championships, and a World Series of Roping Champion.
Travis grew up in Oakdale, California and horses and competing with them have always been an important part of his life. He understands the demands of competition and what it takes to keep top performance and show horses going down the road. While he has that strong background, Travis also has first-hand knowledge of the requirements for good, using ranch and trail horses.
When he is not on the road taking care of his client’s horses, Travis can be found roping, working on his family’s large cattle ranch and spending time with his wife and two sons.
Travis Xavier Farrier Service
Offering professional farrier service on the California Central Coast from Santa Ynez to the San Francisco Bay Area.